Once upon a time there was a very rich and hospitable country. Visitors from all over the world visited that country in order to admire its unique treasures, and left the country with presents and unforgettable souvenirs that were offered to them.
- Oh, Gods! The people of this country are really generous!
- Yes. Indeed! Look, how many presents have offered us!
- I will take Democracy. What a wonderful statue!
- This ancient column is ideal for me. I will decorate my front garden with it. Oh, no. I will take four. One is not enough.
- What about that small statue of Athena? It stands for wisdom.
- I think, it's marvellous. And I will take some jewellery, necklaces and earrings for my wife and daughters.
- And don't forget choosing some of these colourful marbles for my living room. Very classy, aren't they?
- No doubt! I love this country! It's both hospitable and ''generous''.
The years wore on and someday a very harsh winter made its appearance.
The people of that country got ill. They had headache, backache, stomachache and first of all – heart pain. They took pills in all colours. There was no improvement.
''You ought to be patient'', the king advised them, ''spring is coming very soon!''.
However, winter passed and the symptoms got worse. Some people left the country looking for spring somewhere else.
A very moody and cloudy day, the king-despaired as he was-decided to visit himself the great wizard's workroom, who was famous for his know-how.
-One magic tranquilizer -no matter how much it costs'' the king begged. ''I have to protect my
- I have the formula, the great wizard answered in certainty. The only thing I'm going to need is
the Eurodragon eggs.
- The eggs of the monster? asked the king in great confusion. But in what way are we going to
get them? he dared to ask.
- Let him eat seven boys and seven girls, the best ones, the great wizard answered coldly.
The king, troubled and confused, hesitated for a moment but finally accepted the exchange. The following day, he ordered his servants to sacrifice a group of seven boys and seven girls – the best ones- for receiving just a small dose of the magic tranquilizer.
All the same the tranquilizer was not sufficient and the following year the great wizard still demanded the Eurodragon eggs.
Then, one day, the king's son, a handsome and brave man, decided to confront the Eurodragon. Without losing any time, he took the way to the labyrinth where the terrible monster lived.
At the entrance, the young prince met the pretty daughter of the guard. The two young people came face -to-face and fell in love at first sight.
The beautiful girl wanted to help the prince and offered him a present:
- Here it is the sword of your ancestors, she told him. It's too heavy to raise it. It carries all the values of your past. If you manage to raise it, you'll be able to defeat the Eurodragon.
The young prince, right away, raised the sword and determined to face the monster entered the labyrith. The fight lasted for hours. It was outrageous. But the young man, worthy of his past, handled with great ability all the values of his ancestral sword and the Eurodragon was finally defeated.
After that, he went to the great wizard's house and forced him to change the formula of the magic tranquilizer:
- Put wine of solidarity into your kettle! It gives a splendid odour, totally human!
Since then, the people of that beautiful country expect that they will be cured from all evils.
Our narration hasn't finished.
We hope that it will ''touch'' the Russian heart.